Parish History


Six faith-filled men, Matt Pauly, Jacob Kleinhans, John Nicolai, Jacob Boll, Mike Martin, and Charles Laures, Sr., met in 1909 to organize a congregation. The parish was formally incorporated in the fall of 1910.

Father Otto Kolbe of Kiel assumed the pastorate of the infant congregation as a mission, and the first Mass was offered above the old firehouse on Sunday, March 26, 1911. A church was built and dedicated on October 12, 1911, by His Excellency, Joseph Fox, Bishop of Green Bay. With the congregation and church firmly established, an increasing number of families joined the community. Within 18 months, 31 families were recorded as being registered members of the parish. In May, 1919, Father Michael Kuborn was welcomed as the first resident pastor.

In 1938, a combination church-school was constructed. Holy Rosary School was opened with 82 students in attendance on September 12, 1938. The Franciscan Sisters of Holy Family Convent staffed the school.

In 1958, a building fund drive took place with the goal of the construction of a new church. The goal was realized and the current church building was constructed and dedicated on November 27, 1960. At that time there were approximately 548 registered families and 400 students enrolled in school. Today, we have approximately 600 families in the parish.

In 2007, looking to the future with a goal to continue to provide quality Catholic education in our area, our school combined with Ss. Peter and Paul School, Kiel, to form a separate school system—Divine Savior Catholic School. The school is supported by Holy Rosary Parish; St. Ann Parish, St. Anna; and Ss. Peter & Paul Parish, Kiel.

Contributions of time, talent, and treasure help to sustain the spiritual, education, and social activities of our parish.